Cryptocurrency or digital currency has been growing lately as there are more than 4,000 cryptocurrencies in existence. Therefore A lot of platforms are created to facilitate the exchange of cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies.
As of January 2021, there are more than 200 cryptocurrency exchange platform that supports active trading.
Table of Contents
- About Binance.
- Getting Started with Binance.
Being launched in 2017 with the name of Binary and finance, then Binance has grown to become of the most popular cryptocurrency exchange platforms.
Binance supports more than 740 cryptocurrency and fiat pairs, like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Binance Coin.
Getting Started with Binance.
To get started with Binance, you first need to create an account on Binance. And to get started with using their services, you need to go to Binance or Binance US if you are a USA resident as Binance has a separate site for USA residents, but it is similar to their global site and has all the functions.
- Enter your email and password then click ‘Create Account’
2. You will receive a verification code on your email enter it as below.
Binance Dashboard and Security.
After completing your registration and confirming your email, you will be sent to the Binance dashboard, where you can overview your account and withdraw from or deposit into your account.
But first, your need to set up your account security to be able to withdraw or deposit by going to Binance Security and enabling Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
You can complete that by either using Google Authentication or SMS Authentication.
After installing Google Authentication on your phone, open it and use it for scanning the QR code displayed on your screen
Then click on ‘Next’, and in step 3, you will see a key that you need to write it down on paper as you will need this key in case of phone loss.
After that, click on ‘Next’ then enter the code sent to your Email and the Google verification code, which will be displayed in the Google authenticator app on your phone.
And for Enabling SMS Authentication, you will need to enter your phone number and enter the code sent to it.
All traders on Binance have to verify their identity to provide a save trading environment on Binance.
After creating your account and turning Google Authentication on, We can get started with Binance account verification.
Go to your Binance profile to complete your personal verification or corporate verification.
- Click ‘Verify’
2. Select your country and fill your information, Them click on ‘Submit and continue’
3. Select the document type you would like to use.
4. You will need to upload both sides of the selected ID.
5. After uploading the document photos, the system will ask to take a new photo to verify. Click the picture area to take the picture, then click ‘Submit & Continue’
After clicking, the system will ask you to finish facial verification. Click ‘Begin Verification’ to finish facial verification on the computer. Alternatively, you can move your mouse to ‘Use mobile phone’ to get the QR code. Scan the QR code via your Binance app to finish the facial verification.
After completing this process, be patient and wait until your identity is verified; it usually takes 1 hour. If denied, you can attempt to complete the verification process up to 10 times per day.
Deposit into Binance Wallet.
to deposit into your Binance wallet.
- go to your wallet overview.
2. Click on ‘Deposit’.
3. Now you can either deposit fiat money or deposit cryptocurrency. we will select ‘cryptocurrency’.
4. Select the cryptocurrency you want to deposit. In this example, we will deposit USDT.
5. Next, choose the deposit network. Make sure the selected network corresponds with the network of the platform you are withdrawing funds from.
- BEP2 relates to the Binance Chain.
- BEP20 relates to the Binance Smart Chain (BSC).
- ERC20 relates to the Ethereum network.
- OMNI refers to the OmniLayer that runs on the Bitcoin network.
- TRC20 relates to the TRON network.
- BTC refers to the Bitcoin network.
- BTC (SegWit) refers to Native Segwit (bech32), and the address starts with “bc1”. Users are allowed to withdraw or send their Bitcoin holdings to SegWit (bech32) addresses.
6. In this example, we will withdraw USDT from another platform and deposit it into Binance. Since we are withdrawing from an ERC20 address (Ethereum blockchain), we will select the ERC20 deposit network.
7. Copy the deposit address provided by Binance and paste it on the corresponding platform’s address section (where you intend to withdraw your funds from)
8. After confirming the withdrawal request, you have to wait until the transaction is confirmed. The confirmation time varies depending on the blockchain and its current network traffic.
Withdrawing from Binance Wallet.
Using BNB (BEP2) as example to withdraw from your Binance wallet.
1. Log into your Binance account and go to your wallet overview page.
2. Click on ‘Withdraw’.
3. Select the cryptocurrency you want to withdraw. We’re using BNB as an example.
4. Select the network . We will use Binance Chain(BEP2) as example.
5. Now, you have to select the Recipient’s Address from your address list.
How to add a new recipient address?
5.1 Go to ‘address management’
5.2 Then Click ‘Add Withdrawal Address’.
5.3 Now, Select the coin, network, and input the address information.
5.4 Once you are done, check mark ‘Add to Whitelist’ and click ‘Submit’.
5.5 You will receive a verification code on your email, and you need to enter the Google Authenticator code from your phone.
6. Now, you can go back to the withdrawal page to continue with your withdrawal, and you can select the recipient’s address.
7. Enter the withdrawal amount. At this point, you will be able to see the corresponding transaction fee and the final amount.
8. Now when you click submit you will be asked for security verification again using a new code will be sent to your email and your Google Authenticator code.
Generating Binance API Code.
What is Binance API code?
With the Binance API code, you will pass information and data of your Binance account to another application. So it is like a password for those applications so they can access your account.
And that can be very helpful as many applications can provide you with valuable services like bots and tax calculators. Also, you’ll be able to access the analytics report, check your highest gainers & losers, digest news about your favourite cryptocurrencies, set exchange specific alerts, and more.
How to get your Binance API code?
to get started with Binance
- Hover over your account menu and click ‘API Management’ and then enter a name for the API code (i.e. My API), then click on ‘Create’.
2. Now, you’ll need to finish security verification and then click ‘Submit’.
3. The API code will be now displayed on the page and you need to store it somewhere else because it will not be displayed again.
That was all about how to get started with Binance, Create account, Verify it, Deposit, Withdraw and create API code.
Also make sure to check our guide for Best crypto trading Bots ready to use without coding.